Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Election Results
Following Up on Davids' proxy point:

Before that I did not like the challenge of Andy Howie's membership lapse meaning ,potentially, Hamish nomination was invalid- people need to be more sporting and play fair.

I had 8 proxy - 3 as a parent and 3 from Wm Hulme and 2 from Mark Sanger. The main purpose was to vote on the presidency. I ignored solicited proxy's as they were not worded very well. In terms of the vote for presidency we changed who we were voting for several times over last 3 weeks as we had some reservations on both Hamish and Steve. We concluded that our heart said vote for Steve and our head said Hamish- so that's what we voted for.

On Andy's first vote I personally voted for Andy and did not use any proxy. I wasn't aware of anything specific to the elected post that Andy did wrong. Also surely Andy doing the job is better than no one?

I was disappointed that Dick used 56 proxy votes against Andy and said so straight away. It would seem to be within the rules but potentially underhand unless he did two things: 1) Had express permission from each and every proxy to vote Andy out.( I would be surprised if he did) and 2) Announced at least a week before the AGM that he was challenging Andy's position with reasons. This allows a response from Andy and also voters to clarify proxy on that subject

Second vote I decided to use my proxy for Andy - arithmetically to give him a chance and because Andy did back down. Tom spoke well of Andy but I already had those views on Andy. Interestingly, after I voted Dick did not use his Proxy against Andy - personally I think that was because of the mood change and recognition that perhaps it was not fair nor popular.

Ironically I think the process has helped Andy.

Messages In This Thread