Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Election Results
amuir Wrote:I kept count of the votes concerning me:
Vote 1 : International Director : For 34 Against 93
Vote 2 : Home Director : For 10 Against 30
Vote 3: International Director : For 52 Against 31

I noticed some of the people who voted against me. The ones I noticed were: Dick Heathwood, Hamish Glen,
Alan Borwell (proxy), Steve Mannion (snr) (proxy) , Calum MacQueen, Hugh Brechin .
There were many others that I did not catch amongst the forest of hands.

I am disappointed that these people voted against me but I accept it was for noticeboard postings and possibly an arrogant answer I made to a question at the AGM (it was not meant in that way) and not my work as International Director.

I am determined that Scotland will be well represented abroad in the next year , including the Olympiad
and offer an olive branch to these and other people I have offended to work in harmony.

As I said, based on the last year's experience, the November EGM will be more productive than this noticeboard
in solving disputes
#
This highlights the weak proxy arrangements. I was unable to come at the last minute (family reasons) but did not intend the TAFCA proxy to be used to vote against you - I do not think my personal LM proxy was used? In ICCF, no person carry more than 3 votes to Congress, including proxies, and that is about right.
I am glad that you were elected on the second vote. I believe you have supported the "seniors" pretty well!
The AGM seems to have elected a good team and I hope everyone will now work together for Scottish Chess.

Messages In This Thread