Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what does Phil Thomas play as black
George Murphy Wrote:Phil Thomas wrote 'Ah but George surely any member of the public can register?'

Recalling what the Moderator wrote the other day, Phil, I suppose that technically you are right: 'there are no restrictions on who can post on this forum, as long as they've set up an account.' It would be quibbling to ask (rhetorically) how many members of the public would want to?

No, the truth is that I saw 'Members Only' at the top of the page and the echo of a recent clanger impelled me to be pedantic. Sad

PS I hope that emoticon means 'sad'

PPS The 'congratulations' stand: there can't be many examples of father-son chess combinations doing so well??
George

and congratulations to you too George for having the highest grading performance of the 5 players who finished equal first in our section.

I remember playing in an one day allegro open at Perth = Funday running alongside the weekend events where managed to win the event ( all the really strong players were next door in the open). Both my sons played and scored reasonably well - but I did beat them both on the day - which didn't earn me much kudos with Jacqui. These days I don't let Jacqui know when i'm about to play Daniel - I would only get a text back saying " I hope you lose"

Messages In This Thread