Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Candidates
KMcGeoch Wrote:I am eligible to attend AGM although don't intend to do so. I'll list reasons here.

1. First of all from my understanding main purpose of AGM is to elect office bearers. Since there are currently no contested seats I have a choice of one candidate (or in some cases zero candidates) to vote for so outcome is a foregone conclusion.

2. Even if I did turn up I don't really know all of the candidates nor what they stand for. If we hypothetically had a second candidate for any post only criteria I would have is do I like the guy and failing that have I heard of him. Things like how they would approach position and the ideas they intend to implement don't even enter decision process despite that being a critical issue.

1. The position of President is being contested. It's a little concerning that you didn't realise. Perhaps it is due to the layout of the list?

2. That is why I called for the 2 candidates to realise statements and make themselves available for questioning earlier in this thread. Hopefully they are both considering this.

Messages In This Thread