Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Candidates
From the constitution

13.6 Any proposals for consideration at the AGM must be received by the Executive Director in writing (including e-mail) at least three weeks before the meeting, and must be proposed and seconded by members.

13.7 The Executive Director shall publish all nominations for elections and proposals for consideration at least two weeks before the meeting. It shall be deemed sufficient to publish these details on the Chess Scotland internet site and where possible to contact all members by e-mail.

I also feel there should be limits on the number of proxy votes any one individual member may be able to "cast".
In the modern world we now live in, with computer access/skype etc, it would be useful to at least have a basic discussion of future options at this year's AGM with a view to giving as many members as possible an option to use their vote in "real time". Obviously, I don't know if any proposals for this year's AGM may include an option to discuss this but if not, can someone clarify if it could be included under AOCB, despite the timescale for proposals for this year's event having elapsed?

Sorry, just reread David's post and I apologise if I am appearing repetitive.

Messages In This Thread