Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phishing email
I had exactly the same email from 'Donald Wilson' this morning. It had the correct email address ('DW's), but it was obviously 'phishing' since I had - word for word except for the name of the 'supplicant' - the very same email from an OU tutor of mine some months ago, who also wound up in 'financial embarrassment' at Manila airport. 'DW's' email address has now been removed from my list of contacts - as was the OU tutor's soon after the last episode. To be honest, as a very innocent/naive/inexperienced silver surfer, I was relieved to see Alan McGowan's email since it meant that I was far from being the only recipient of 'DW's' 'plea'.

I've been with Yahoo for years but only in the last week I've seen similar vehemence regarding the security of their email service. One of those 'techie' experts writing in a national newspaper recommended never to use web mail but to use a domain name linked to a forwarding address as one(?) way to avoid email problems/secure service. That may be useful advice to them what have the know-how to use it, but to an innocent like myself it's rather scary.

Messages In This Thread