Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS AGM proposals
Andy,

Proposal 1. There is nothing 'grey' if you are called corrupt. For some officials such a claim could be career threatening. This proposal is more likely to stop people getting involved than in encouraging them. Imagine the conversation to a potential candidate "Of course we may call you a corrupt, bullying bigotbut aslong as you are in office you cannot do anything about it".

Proposal 2. The chess community is small. In many cases naming one party would mean that the other became widely known as well. Your proposal does not explicitly stop a victim being identified. I'm not saying that the guilty should be able to hide behind anonimity but you have to be careful.

Proposal 3. Aren't the police part of the legal process? Are you really saying that you give the police a statement but then end up in contempt because you refuse to testify in court. Please think your proposals through.

I would hope that the AGM will be a forum to move forward with chess in Scotland at all levels. It seems to me that your proposals are a step in the opposite direction.

Messages In This Thread