Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Scottish Chess
Andy Howie Wrote:Kevin,

Probably not the best question to ask Phil and I will imagine he will respond when he gets online later but Phil and Jacqui tried to join Chess Scotland...

Andy, a note of caution. As you took the minutes from Council and are the custodian of the facts on this one your answer should be a little fuller. Admittedly you are working your posterior off at the Scottish getting Geoff some PGNs but come on. ;P

My understanding is that Jacqui & Phil applied to re-join CS and the application was dealt with incorrectly (ie - it should have been pending). I also believe an apology was to be issued for this error. There were no objections regarding the request to re-join CS and I think those attending the meeting welcomed it. However, I must admit I did question the motivations for re-joining on the eve of the meeting and I made my view quite clear on that.

Is that a fair assessment?

This is really a storm in a teacup and I hope we can move on as its getting embarrassing now. I don't think I've ever seen something blown out of proportion quite like this has been.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread