Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Scottish Chess
Phil Thomas Wrote:
Patrick McGovern Wrote:I heard no dissenting voices about you joining Chess Scotland. As i was sitting near the front i could not observe any body language or facial expressions i could only rely on my hearing.

Pat,

as is well known I was not allowed to present evidence or even to be present for the final few minutes of the Council meeting. I know that I was being discussed but I don't actually know what the agenda was.

However it was clear to me at the time (and later confirmed in private correspondence) that the president did not wish me to join and acted contrary to the constitution in returning my membership fee thus expelling me from Chess Scotland.

So you seem to be saying that the president presented no evidence to support my expulsion.

So why do you think I was excluded from that part of the meeting (by the president)?

As all the notice board readers can see from the thread on PVG disclosure the best way to obtain information about me is often to ask me the questions rather than to speculate.

Did

Hi Phil,

It was really good when it was commented on after the council meeting that it was held in a positive manner and spirit.

Clearly the incident has deeply upset you and Jacqui, the fact you were temporarily asked to leave.

I don't know why you ceased being members? Was this due to some sort of protest, you were not happy about something so decided to cease membership?

If this is the case then fair enough.

When you decided to re-join as members, if you had done this a bit sooner, say a week/ 10 days before, there wouldn't have been these issues would there?

I can appreciate being asked to leave upset you both. I would say, in my opinion, still going on about this some two weeks later, is maybe not the most helpful or constructive thing to be doing.

Is it not possible to draw a line in the sand? Onwards and upwards?

It just seems that issues, small things, get blown out of all proportion.

Messages In This Thread