Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Scottish Chess
Patrick McGovern Wrote:Whilst I agree with you Mike your information is not current. In order to be a director of CS you have to be a member. the gentleman concerned has stated
"I said, will not be re-joining until President and Membership Secretary have resigned after their disgusting abuse of power at council meeting blocking Jacqui and Phil’s membership"

Not only is this information stated inaccurate and misleading, it is also designed to continue the damage previous statements started. For clarity the meeting approved, without any objection, acceptance of Mr and Mrs Thomas' application for membership.

No Pat there is no such thing as an approval process.
Acceptance is automatic and can only be reversed as a result of decision by agm or egm or Council.
Jacqui and I were not permitted to attend the discussions at the end. Even though all CS members are allowed by the constitution to attend Council meetings as observers. QED - we were both excluded from one of the benefits of membership – the ability to attend Council meetings as observers.

Are you quite sure that there were no dissenting voices ?

Be careful how you reply, there were many witnesses present. Sadly not me - I left the building with a wife more angry at CS than she has been with anybody or anything at any time during our 21 years of marriage.

Perhaps there are times when I can be a touch controversial but treating my wife in this way was totally and utterly unacceptable. Since I was not allowed to be present for the end of the meeting I await the official minutes with the greatest of interest.

Messages In This Thread