Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Calum,

I have attempted on this thread to attack the mathematics of the motion and not to enter into the topic of selection processes that have already happened.

To use the method outlined in the motion, as I stated earlier, is within the remit of the IJD and as such does not need permission from council or agm.

Going back to the maths. I hear from a reliable source than the tournament performance in the worked example for Murad the numbers used are not real tournament numbers - they are merely examples to show how the new system works.

That is the mathematical equivalent of Nick Park stating that the moon is made of Wensleydale cheese; and quoting as evidence his 1989 film.

As for why me?

I respond with another question Why not? It could have been anyone from amongst the many notice board readers who is in the subset that feel competent enough to post on the mathematics of grading systems.
Actually to do so I need also be in the subset of those who feel able to handle potential notice board abuse. To misquote David Deary it takes guts to post on this board and it takes guts to complain to moderators about unacceptable posts. To help David's thought processes rather then blame the board moderators perhaps that anonymous person has a high strike rate because the posts attacking him/her are more worthy of deletion?

For the record Calum I find your posts polite, totally valid, and a positive contribution to notice board debate. They reflect your character away from the notice board.

A notice board that is far from dead. I counted yesterday 16 threads that had been active within the last 7 days. Many more and this board will start to look like the ECF forum - now would that be a good thing? - new thread anyone?

Messages In This Thread