Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swiss Manager Program
I have used computers to do draws at local Lothian junior events and would agree that they do offer many practical advantages, especially when 90% or more enter on line and the entries can be imported directly into the software. So for example once up and running the new draw can be made very quickly, wall charts generated and results generally made available to the outside world very very quickly. By the way I do think that knowing the context of live game makes it all the more interesting.

The but is that in my experience there always glitches e.g. 'funny' draws (top seeds paired far too early or two byes being given in a round :-) ). These have occurred so frequently that I feel that a fully computerised draw is a bit of an ideal that is not actually achievable - a bit like the promise of a 'paperless office'. As the software I used allows the draw master to manually override its decisions then perhaps that is the best way to go?

However as I do not know much about the art of manual draws I am not sure how easy it is in practice to do a draw on the screen rather than by shuffling the draw cards around.

Messages In This Thread