Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment for Disabled Players
StevieHilton Wrote:Can also operate as an ordinary digitial clock. Only when you use earphone can you hear the voice. That is good value for 140 Euros not pounds Big Grin

It's not good value in terms of buying them for players who would not use all the features (if you're suggesting every clock bought by CS should be one of these). This would be a silly thing to do.

StevieHilton Wrote:Federations Andrew have a duty to support all players as best they can. FIDE's motto is Gens Una Sumus which means we are one people. The disabled are just as much a part of the chess family as everyone else

This is the key point. How best can CS support you guys? Money has to come from somewhere Steve. It's a matter of finding the best cost:benefit ratio in my opinion (i.e. what expenditure will benefit the most number of players). 140 Euros for a single clock for a single player is quite a lot. Whether CS decides to go for that or not is not up to me, but if it were then I'd be looking for alternatives first; and failing that at the very least a contribution from the player who specifically wants the clock. It seems only fair that the player should contribute at least some of their own money if they will primarily get all the benefit from the device.

Messages In This Thread