Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment for Disabled Players
StevieHilton Wrote:David,
Who was consulted over the use of incremental time controls?
Were CS consulted?
Where disability issues taken into consideration?
By announcing this type of time control, you are effectively banning disabled players particularly blind and deaf/blind from participating in the event. You simply cannot do that.I would ask you to reconsider this

As the thread is about Prestwick 2013 - this seems to be singling out Prestwick

Gary McPheator Wrote:It is not as if Chess Scotland would have to invest a lot as only a handful would be required, plus any money spent would be reimbursed through hire fees to congresses.

Where is the handful of people that presently need CS to supply this equipment?

I repeat my, as yet unanswered question, Is there an identifiable need for this equipment?

I am not aware of any other current player who takes part in congresses who would benefit from the purchase of such clocks.

StevieHilton Wrote:They are very difficult for blind players as I know from experience...but surely you would accept that it makes things a little more difficult for us who have a visual handicap
Sorry but I still don't get how an incremental time control causes greater difficulty for those currently playing with a visual handicap than it does for those who do not. The first time I played an incremental event it was certainly different to any other event I had previously played and I guess you could say it was more difficult, if that is how you like to view things.

Phil Thomas Wrote:But Andy,

unless things have changed lately budget can not be carried forwards from one financial year to the next.

While chess clocks are more portable.
Its the difference between dogs and turkeys.

A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
Turkeys are sensitive creatures and might be reading this notice board.

The subject of carrying over unspent budget from one yera to the next was discussed at the 2012 Council meeting and confirms what Phil states.

I am not sure if I am a dog or a turkey. I am certainly a Scorpio.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread