Poll: Should the Richardson Cup be FIDE rated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
89.66%
26 89.66%
No
3.45%
1 3.45%
I am not fussed either way
6.90%
2 6.90%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Richardson Cup be FIDE rated?
amuir Wrote:Adam
You are using emotive words like "totally sick" and "man up".
Why didn't you vote with your heart and not your head at the SNCL AGM then ?
In football, eg Scottish Premier League reconstructions, demotion of Rangers etc, decisions are made by clubs not players - otherwise the financial & political muscle of the larger clubs would dominate the smaller ones.
This noticeboard is dominated by players of certain clubs and not others.
The strength of feelings of the non-FIDE rated adherents are higher e.g. they refuse to play whereas the FIDE rated adherents will play either way

That's a bit unfair Andy. Adam was the proxy/messenger for his club's vote and it would have been wrong of him to vote for FIDE rating after having sought the member's views and not getting a clear 'yes' from them.

The old 'it's my ball and I'm not playing (therefore neither is anyone else)' isn't a satisfactory way to decide such things.

It would be useful if you could persuade one or more of the 'no-Fide rating' brigade to take a few minutes to share their views with the rest of us - who knows, they might be able to persuade us that they are right! If they don't even try, then there will doubtless be a motion for next year (which will quite probably be passed) and they (and their clubs, who will be weakened) will be the ones who lose out..

Messages In This Thread