Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adult budget for 2013 -14
The problem with the British as far as I am concerned is the ridiculous cost of it. From the 2013 entry form...

"Early Entry Fee £200 (£140 U-21) After 8 July fee £225 (£165 U21)
Free to GMs, IMs, WGMs, WIMs.
Half price to FMs and WFMs."

That entry fee is roughly the same as I paid for the Tatry Open in Slovakia, which included 8 days hotel with full board!
It probably costs the same in transport to Slovakia (or Czech/Poland etc.) as it does getting to Torquay.

There is also the fact that one has to qualify or be nominated for the British. I guess the nomination wouldn't be too problematic, but borrowing from another thread, can we have Edinburgh nominated as a British Champs qualifier as it is FIDE-rated?

Re: the Richardson, I still don't know who these higher-rated guys are Andy! Please re-consider FIDE-rating the Richardson...from discussions during this years matches and from this forum, there haven't been any/many dissenters.

Craig's most recent post makes a lot of sense although I'd still like something included which aims at the 'average' player/member in Scotland. Of course finances are tight, but a few hundred quid extra thrown at the Grand Prix (for example) might entice more congress entries/ membership take-ups?!

Messages In This Thread