Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female players in SNCL
In FIDE events there are certainly more opportunities to play. Keti could have chosen to play in the Open Olympiad or the female Olympiad. John Shaw did not have those options!!!

Some tournaments have female prizes. I can't recall a tournament advertising a male prize.

In the 4NCL the rule on women has been slackened. Teams in Div 3 are free to choose who they want. There is also the possibility of playing juniors.

In the 4NCL the penalties for not fielding the required player distribution is a fine and points deduction. This has meant that some female players were seeking to receive conditions in excess of male IMs.
(For clarification, I'm not opposed to people maximising their value but people should be aware of possible results of pro-active legislation.)

I would obviously like to see more female players and we should be doing everything possible to encourage this. Female players integrated into a team is to be encouraged, females tagged on as a bottom board through necessity is a less acceptable approach.

Messages In This Thread