Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Selection Issue
George, I am not sure if I should dignify your insinuations with any sort of reply. I can say that my active dislike of the noticeboard is that too frequenly freedom to offer an opinion seems to degenerate into a personal attack on the individual offering it. If my age is to be respected then so should what I have to say! The substance of your comments relate to what happened (or may not have happened) at the last AGM. I might remind you that a Standards Committee report was, disturbingly, rejected or more accurately referred back for revision at that meeting. I am led to believe that revised version is now published and comments, it appears, unfavourably against the complainant. George, I am actually attempting to make some kind of sense of a current situation which seems to have arisen because of a disagreement about the selection process. Since my posting, I'm led to believe that an 'investigating committee' (names currently withheld) is to pass judgement on the issue. Robin will presumably have to meet with this unelected body on his return from Slovenia. If you think I am acting dishonourably in raising this matter, even-handedly, without passing any sort of judgement either way, then so be it I give you full leave to hold that opinion but would ask you, respectfully, to reconsider your request to have my posting removed altogether. I would regard it as a wholly undemocratic action and quite unjustified by the nature of the comments I've made. Perhaps you might wish to continue this discussion in a more private arena? BTW, my alias, as alleged, is an 'open secret' I'd actually prefer to be referred to as 'good old Wilhem'! =)

Messages In This Thread