Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The MacIsaac and Nancy Elder Championships
John, many thanks for raising the issue.
To some extent , I have left it up to the discretion of those participating to agree on the technical issue of quickplay. However, a decision will obviously have to be made, one way or another, pretty soon. We are in brand new territory here and, not being an arbiter, I don't feel qualified to offer a credible opinion on the matter. My naive view was that we should stick with all moves , as I'd proposed, without quickplay provision On the other hand, the argument for a shortened time session seems to be strengthened somewhat by permitting quickplay finishes! Clocks would need to be digital but that's hardly a drawback. Arbitration does seem to be a trickier issue. Can I safely assume 'sportsmanship' at all times?
I'd like to seek the opinion of arbiters themselves before making any definitive pronouncement.
I'd want to go along with any consensus thus achieved. As you'll have appreciated, the argument for a shortened session is primarily a logistical one. The aim is to make it possible for rounds to be played, conveniently, on Club nights as well as player's homes or other agreed venues.
While I remember, the deadline for entries is not correct. We are setting it for the 1st of December, not the 28th of October as stated in my previous posting.
Chris

Messages In This Thread