Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The two Minute Rule
Please do not think that I am upset by this. I am at home listening to "pure psychedelic rock" and am chilled. Nevertheless, I have been thinking for some time that there is something wrong with the two minute rule. I can play a game - reduce my opponent to passivity and then try this, that and the other - knowing he can do nothing. But there is a fly in the (I cannot continue with such a hakneyed saying). Anyway - we are nowhere near an ending but we are beyond the middle: he plays slowly and is left with 1 and a half minutes and claims a draw. My position is such that my next idea was to retreat my King only to move him forward again to a better position - but the arbiter knows nothing so I play superficial attacking moves instead. I name no names and blame no one - I just think that thare must be a better rule (maybe Fischer time control!). Don't worry I am still chilled by the beautiful flower-power music.
Don Heron
"Good sense is of all things in the world the most equally distributed, for everybody thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that even those most difficult to please in all other matters do not commonly desire more of it than they alreafy possess." Descartes as translated by Elizabeth S. Haldane and G. R. T. Ross
(my favourite philosopher along with Plato, Jesus and Tolstoi)
PS I don't know if I was better or worse I just wanted to play the position but was not allowed to.
Good sense is of all things in the world the most equally distributed, for everybody thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that even those most difficult to please do not commonly desire more of it than they already possess. Descartes

Messages In This Thread