Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Olympiad
I trongly feel that the SNCL should be be FIDE rated even though it wouldnt affect us lowly division 3 players. The previous vote at the SNCL was for division 1 only and I was told in no uncertain terms that the "stronger" players wouldnt play in the SNCL if division 1 was rated. Why? Certainly not for the time control. I also feel the the SNCL should be supported at all levels from the so-called bottom to the top of our players. If more FIDE events were played in Scotland with more accessibility to top players for weaker players and more competition for the stronger players, then or course the playing strength would increase. I also think more weekly tournaments (with double gand prix points like the weekend tournaments) rather than rely on weekend tournaments
I also think handicapping weekly tournaments tournaments such as the EK Open with single GP points ( 2011 had over 65 entries this year only 40-odd) is detrimental to the game. I dont see why a 60 entry open tournament should be penalised against a weekend tournament

Messages In This Thread