Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Motion 5
I wrote this in a previous post and no-one has deemed it worthy of comment or argument! Sad

Quote:It is obvious what the intention of the motion is - the title of Scottish champion should go to someone who does or can represent Scotland. Why anyone would want to be Scottish champion when they don't want to or can't represent Scotland is a mystery to me. A title of Scottish Open champion for the winner of the actual event should be enough

Craig wrote:
Quote:Moreover no one has yet bothered to answer my Q about equivalence or otherwise on the part of other FIDE (principally ECU) member countries in regard to what is (in my view) not just an eminently sensible common sense but also an eminently enlightened CS rule that allows bona fide Scottish residents to win the title. Proposers of the motion - what do others do, what is the answer to this and how does it tie in with support for your proposed change?

I don't know the answer to this and despite a bit of trying today am no closer to one! What I would say is that I cannot recall seeing anyone from the ECU countries winning or playing in national championships who were not registered as representing that nation through FIDE (doesn't mean it hasn't happened of course, but I am on the ChessBase every day of my life and they cover a lot of these events). Eligibility rules of those nations might require someone with superior linguitic skills than my own to detect.

Messages In This Thread