Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct support for The Scotland Junior International Squad
David,

It's still my intention to approach my MSP and MP with a detailed presentation with information off the internet, the size and role of Chess and photographs of our wonderful junior Chess players.

I do feel a bit beaten down by comments here which havnt' been supportive of the talent of our youngsters but I'm thicker skinned and nasty enough not to let that deflect me.

Your ideas are though refreshing and putting a team of people together to deal with fundraising matters would be a step forward. I'd strongly suggest involving the parents in this. They are the ones that understand the expense of ensuring the talented youngsters get to the events which are clearly the 'Pinnacle' of Junior achievement. They also should not be deflected to focus on other less significant events.
A reflection as to why people might wish that to happen may be useful at this stage? On the other hand probably much better to focus on obtaining funding and if you do take charge of this venture you will have my 100% support.

rgds,
Angus

Messages In This Thread