Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euroyouth Bulgaria 2011
I've enjoyed reading the reports and their emphasis on the Chess played.

The results are certainly strong enough to build on and there are some exceptional performances. I think going 9 games at this level with only 3 losses is an exceptional start i.e.

Quite a few of those playing and doing well can play again at the same age level next year. They now know what to expect and I'm sure they will be working on their game to make improvements and become even more competitive at that age level.

I'm sure Alan and Robin have been working really hard already but it appears they have a little extra time in Bulgaria. Usually it's a quick trip out but I'm wondering if the extra time could be used for each player to get a written individual report from the coaches. This has not happened before that I know of but could be helpful for the future. I noticed a few references to time trouble! Some will know that Ian and Maryann have a special relationship with the clock! How do we get players using their time better. There's hope on this though because I remember Paul Motwani's talk at the Scottish from a few years back and I think Britain's top junior David Howell also used all his time! Perhaps advice needed for all on clock management? Sure you've been working on this though.

For the upcoming World Youth Chess Championships at Caldas Novas in Brazil some of those playing at the European Youth will be representing Scotland again. It would be helpful if,Robin, you could pass on some information to me about their play at the Euroyouth and areas where you think they could strengthen their game. A PM would suffice TIA

regards,
Angus

Messages In This Thread