Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul MacDonald
I visited Paul today from 3-4. David Congalton, David Deary and a friend of Paul's from Glasgow were also there. This was the first time I had seen my very good friend since his stroke and I really wasn't looking forward to it at all. He recognised me right away thankfully. He was in his bed and listened closely and reacted to everything I said. His left side is fine. He has some power in his right leg, his right shoulder and elbow but no power to his right forearm, wrist and hand. He is not able to speak and his stroke has affected the right side of his mouth. The physiotherapist spoke to me and said Paul is definitely making progress already. He walked with her help and a walking frame the whole length of the corridor today, yesterday he only managed a few steps in his ward. I am going to try and speak to the speech therapist tomorrow when I visit. I have promised the big man a buffet night at the Taj indian restaurant in Prestwick on me then a trip up north to visit our friends in Aberdeen stopping off at Dunkeld on the way at our favourite fish and chip shop. These are the type of things he loves best of all. Will keep everyone updated on any progress,

Robin.

Messages In This Thread