Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th E.K. Weekly Open (new closing date 16th May)
Good Luck to David Congalton and the Prestwick Congress, this weekend.

Remember you can pick up an entry form for the 5th East Kilbride Weekly Open at the Prestwick Congress.

With 12 days to the closing date for entries (15th May), and now less than a fortnight to the start of the tournament (17th May), this is an ideal time to enter.

With three ways to enter, it is even easier than voting in the council elections (and lets hope we get a better turn out).

1. Send your entry form (with or without entry fee), to :- John Dykes, 28 Arran, St Leonards, East Kilbride, G74 2LA

2. Or email me at:- <!-- e --><a href="mailto:j.dykes@blueyonder.co.uk">j.dykes@blueyonder.co.uk</a><!-- e --> with your name, grade, Pnum if known, club and if you need a bye. Also a contact telephone number or email address.

3. Or simply phone me up any day or night, from midday (noon) until 11.00pm on, 01355 610170

Nothing could be simpler and you can even pay your entry fee of £15 or £13 for juniors, CS members or the unwaged, on your first night at the tournament.

You can look forward to a good game of chess in probably the best chess club premises in the West of Scotland with bright, spacious and modern disabled friendly premises. Also free tea and coffee (or can of soft drink or bottle of water for juniors), and free parking.

Expertly run by two CS Arbiters.

Keep in mind the entrants have the power to have the entrants list go public, once it reaches 40 entrants, so the earlier you enter, the earlier you make the list goes public.

After that, I shall, as usual, keep this forum up to date, with a countdown number of how many spaces are left (a maximum of 64 spaces), in the tournament. Last year we had a total of 58 and the year before, a total of 60, with most entries coming in faster, as the tournament closing date approaches.

Can I just thank Jim Frame from Hamilton chess club for his entry and kind donation to the tournament, It's much appreciated and helps to keep the entry fee low.

Remember previous entrants are welcome to leave feedback on this forum, as well as anyone needing to ask anything about the tournament.

Cheers
John Dykes
Tournament Director

Messages In This Thread