Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Funding - Scottish Government Grant
(06-09-2023, 08:28 AM)Alex McFarlane Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 07:56 AM)amuir Wrote: Scottish Government have written back saying they will not provide any chess funding due to cost constraints.
Dear Jackie,

This is news to me!

The position with Barnett funding is still being investigated - and may take some time to become clear.

We have also had promises of support in raising funding whether or not govt funding is available.

(07-09-2023, 01:24 PM)Jim Webster Wrote: Ian

You said
Quote "I wish you would leave speaking to MSP's to those who are in communication in an official capacity"

However did the News Item, regarding the Emergency Executive Committee Meeting, not actually encourage members to just what Andy was trying to do
Quote "Members may wish to write to the local MSPs. If doing so we suggest that they include the points indicated in the minutes."
https://www.chessscotland.com/news/emerg...e-meeting/

I'm a little confused by the mixed messages in the two quotes.

great point Jim, I stand corrected. The message i was trying to get across is certainly raise the mater with your MP but any response should go to the executive committee as any individual response may not be indicative of the overall picture, I was just a wee bit exasperated that Andy's post suggested an official line by the Scottish Government which is I believe is not representative of the government but an individual position.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Funding - Scottish Government Grant - by Ianbrownlee - 07-09-2023, 08:17 PM