Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Sawaryn
Mel Sawaryn (Steve’s daughter) has just confirmed the funeral arrangements.  

"We will be sending out more details soon (probably from my mum’s email address) but for now I can confirm that we will be holding his funeral next Friday (10th September) at 2:30pm, at the Baldarroch Crematorium near Crathes. There will be a reception with refreshments afterwards at the Falls of Feugh restaurant just down the road.

We would also like to extend the invite to his friends at the chess club (by this I believe she means the chess community). As you know them best, if we could ask you to let them know the plan that would be hugely appreciated. A rough indication of numbers may be helpful for planning the refreshments.”

Just had an update from Steve's wife, Maria, about the arrangements and a celebratory web page. There will also be a web link for the funeral for those who cannot attend but wish to follow the service. Details can be found in the link below.

"As promised, sending you further details of Steve’s funeral. We have created a memorial tribute page here: In Loving Memory of Steven James Sawaryn, 1955 - 2021 (muchloved.com). It also includes more information about arrangements for the day. The page is private and will request your name and email for access - we’ll do our best to get this access to you as quickly as possible after you submit the details. Please feel free to share.

If you would like to speak and share any memories of Steve, there will opportunity to do this at the reception.

With love,
Maria and family"

Messages In This Thread
Steve Sawaryn - by Gerald Lobley - 01-09-2021, 10:11 AM
RE: Steve Sawaryn - by Ianbrownlee - 01-09-2021, 10:37 AM
RE: Steve Sawaryn - by hamish olson - 01-09-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Steve Sawaryn - by Gerald Lobley - 04-09-2021, 10:46 AM