Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGM
Just to clarify one thing, about the number of Chess Scotland directors on the Standards Committee: at the 2011 AGM I was elected as Junior Home Director, at a time when I was a member of the Standards Committee. At that meeting, it was my intention to support the Ayrshire motion amending the Standards Code / Operating Procedures and then to resign from the Standards Committee (I'm not going into reasons on the Noticeboard). In the event, the motion was not debated or voted on, as the Ayrshire representatives agreed to wait until an SGM, so I did not resign from the SC. As Steve Hilton has pointed out, I should have resigned (to avoid any conflict of interest) - I just didn't think about it at the time. Subsequently (at the end of October 2011) I realised that I was not going to be able to carry out the duties of the Junior Home Director, so I informed the President and the Executive Director that I wished to resign as JH Director. I have not submitted a formal written resignation, but I confirmed my wish verbally at the beginning of 2012, and it is my understanding that my resignation has been accepted and the duties of the JHD have been re-allocated to other people.
So de facto, if not de jure, there is only one CS Director on the Standards Committee.
And to tidy things up further, at the SGM I will resign from the Standards Committee, regardless of the fate of the Ayrshire motion.

Messages In This Thread