Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGM
Hugh, I am by no means an expert on the history of this but I will try and get John Montgomery to post as he is best placed within the Ayrshire Chess Association to give the details of this. However, he is extremely busy. I will see him tomorrow night in person at the Ayrshire Championships and will ask him to post more about the purpose of these changes and the benefits. I have just given my high level view and some history of this.

In truth, knowing the practical implications is difficult as neither body (CS or ACA) has ever had a complaint referred to either standard code. (As far as I’m aware)

There has been a suggestion by CS officials that there are some implications regarding PVG legislation. This was brought up at the last AGM (approximately six months ago) and my understanding is that CS was supposed to look at these implications within three months and reach some kind of consensus on this proposal and hold an EGM. I have not been privy to what has actually happened and I don’t wish to speculate. In any case, the proposal is quite clear that matters pertaining to PVG are still under CS's jurisdiction.

Sorry I could not provide any more clarity but I have not been involved in this from the outset.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread