Poll: Should non-anonymous posters be allowed usernames which are not their full names?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
44.00%
11 44.00%
No
56.00%
14 56.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Username Discussion
George Thomson Wrote:
J*R Wrote:The identity of those with initials has already been revealed so you know who you are talking!

Cany anyone else give a valid reason why initials should not be used, I am still yet to hear one.
One reason could be that if JR insults someone or calls them a liar on this noticeboard (this has happened :\ :\ , not by JR though) and this someone grabs his shot gun and shoots J Robertson or J Rowson then an innocent victim may suffer for someone elses disrespect Big Grin Big Grin .
Another problem in my opinion was that if someone crossed the line of decency admin would refuse to reveal who the scoundrel was which is unfair.

We already have a topic to reveal the identity of posters with initials. When a new user registers with initials they should be told to add their name to the list or else, if they refuse to do this, then an admin should do it for them. I notice there have been a few more posters with initials registered in the past few days who need to be added to the list! (MWT, Arf, judith)

I really can't remember a single time when I think someone on the noticeboard has crossed the line in the past 4 years. Even if someone insulted me on the noticeboard I really couldn't care less, it's not real life Big Grin

Messages In This Thread