Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some topics of interest from the International Directors report
There were a couple of topics that particularly caught my eye in the International Director's report attached to the most recent CS committee minutes posted on this website. I wonder if these points are of sufficient interest to the wider membership to merit some discussion here? Specifically what I was thinking about was:

1) Seniors seeking SCO affiliation
Presumably to aid chances of selection for internationals? I'm intrigued who this would be! I hope that rules will not be relaxed. As the demographic for active chess players in Scotland continues to skew into senior territory I hope we do not have our possible team places hijacked by "foreigners". What are the current rules here I wonder? Personally I would hope any proposed changes would go to AGM.

2) No International Budget
I understand the organisation is strapped for cash but I would have thought entry fees for events such as Olympiad of European Championships ought to be close to top of the list of funding priorities. I wonder what is coming ahead of these? I'd appreciate if someone in the know could clarify here or point me towards where this information is shared with the general membership. I am sure this will be of interest to all paid up members like myself.

Messages In This Thread
Some topics of interest from the International Directors report - by George Neave - 13-04-2018, 04:36 PM