Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East of Scotland – No longer a standalone tournie?
David Deary Wrote:
George Neave Wrote:OK finally felt I had to register despite the daft "must use your real name" rule.

Hugh - I agree. Quite simply beggars belief that anyone would go to trouble of setting up an event in country with so few active players then specifically exclude any group of players. Fact that it is most capable players on this just makes it seem all the more bizarre. Fact that this comes from same people who run national body is extremely depressing. It is little wonder the players putting most effort into their chess now play much or their chess abroad. Very sad in my opinion.

For once I agree with George! On the daft use your real name rule ;P

However, I think the facts of the event speak for themselves:
2011 there were 72 players.
2012 there were 82 players (I think!).

The Open had 8 players last year and that is simply untenable. I'm pleased the organisers took the view they did so there was an event at the weekend. Anyways, George it looks like you'll be able to play in it next year. Big Grin

Cheeky! Ironically I did receive an e-mail invite to this event but, of course, was not really invited at all and so spent my weekend working on more constructive ways to salvage my rating Tongue In fact I would have been delighted to play some chess this past weekend but clearly not welcome here.

As result I can assure you I will not be playing this event again irrespective of rating.

Messages In This Thread