Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton Congress
robin moore Wrote:David Congalton wrote....

Quote:It was good to see a lot of the kids sporting their Scottish International apparrel. I'm sure this didn't just spontaneously happen, so well done to whoever thought of that one. I'm sure it generates team spirit, a sense of togetherness and lots of other benefits, as well as highlighting the number of juniors who are in the international reckoning and making their presence highly visible.

Ok, it was me. There are lots of other benefits to this and I will touch on a couple of them...
A pride in being good enough to represent your country.
The importance of being part of a squad of all ages and from every area of our country.
I was delighted by the number of adults who approached me to comment on our juniors smart appearance, focus, approach and attitude.

Robin.

Its fantastic that the new squad tracksuits are having a visual impact which along with the benefits Robin lists above is a great reason to have them & obviously more so when travelling away to International events as you will be amazed at some of the other countries kit & accessories. BUT I think its a shame that yet again the parents had to dig deep in their pockets for them. I doubt we will be able to place a minimum order again for quite a while but achieved it purely by parental support.

I have personally made some enquiries to try & gain sponsorship to pay for these which could be as shown a quick visual advertising route for any sponsor. Surely somewhere in the Scottish chess world people have contacts to sponsor for something like this which is in the region of £1500 to kit out the squad.

If anyone has any contacts can you please pass on the details to Robin or Paul McDonald

Messages In This Thread