Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton Congress
David Congalton wrote....

Quote:It was good to see a lot of the kids sporting their Scottish International apparrel. I'm sure this didn't just spontaneously happen, so well done to whoever thought of that one. I'm sure it generates team spirit, a sense of togetherness and lots of other benefits, as well as highlighting the number of juniors who are in the international reckoning and making their presence highly visible.

Ok, it was me. There are lots of other benefits to this and I will touch on a couple of them...

A pride in being good enough to represent your country.

The importance of being part of a squad of all ages and from every area of our country.

I was delighted by the number of adults who approached me to comment on our juniors smart appearance, focus, approach and attitude. The present regime have inherited a wonderful legacy thanks to some massively unselfish hard work from those previously in charge. We are trying hard to build on it and feel we are making progress. In years to come it will be someone else's turn to come in with new impetus and fresh ideas. I hope they will receive the same wonderful support we have now.

Robin.

Messages In This Thread