Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proxy Votes
Doesn't changing the Proxy vote mean a change to the constitution?

Then a motion would have to be proposed -- and all those who wish to use their proxy vote can vote against it.

Perhaps the Proxy vote could be made more effective if it was advertised more, and/or a message sent to all members (email perhaps) informing them of their options.

Using the Proxy and getting people to vote is better than having everything decided by only those who are able to attend the AGM and some, like myself who now have ill partners to look after, feeling that their membership rights not taken away. Which is what removing Proxy voting does - it's an indiviual members right to elect to use it after all.

Many large companies send out voting forms prior to their AGM, to all eligible voters and part of that form has a Proxy delegation section. There is obviously a cost implication in sending out forms to all members on our limited resources, and perhaps the answer is to more publicise the AGM and its motions to the members throught the website, clubs and email.

I personally don't agree with removing the Proxy option, but I haven't used it before either - again that is my choice though. To support this posting I will use it this year.

Messages In This Thread