Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson & Spens
I would like to thank everyone who helped me out this year, which ran relativiely smoothly with one or two glitches. I woukl like to mention thanks to Jim Webster for getting an alternative venue when the grangemouth venue fell through at late notice ( Combined with a desire to avoid congresses this is the reason why the final was on Easter Saturday. ) I have had a lot of positive feedback regarding the venue this and I'm sure the Home director will try to retain the venue for next year ( if he or she chooeses)

Andy Howie also helped out in the day but particular thanks must go to Alistair Maxwell who ran the tournament final with his usual high standards.

The club captains and secretaries managed to fill out the player registration forms without too many errors ( you  know who you are) and we allowed a bit of leeway this way

Ken Stewart as always helped to finalise the change in rules with input from myself and Douglas Bryson

As always I wouldnt have been able to process the administration without Douglas, who processed the FIDE registrations, grading results and more importantly kept me on the straight and narrow when it was required.

Finally thanks to the directors of Chess Scotland who as a team made this event yet another successful year

Messages In This Thread