Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appearance fees for our best players
Thanks again for to all for fantastic input on quite clearly is a very important topic.

Some thoughts..

"Filler players"- The players that compete at World and European level for their country may not be the best they have but are still strong players. You can bet your bottom dollar they have been being coached by a titled player for up to a year pre-event.

Andy Muir- Your argument for more money for senior players at the expense of juniors is clearly lost.

Andy M- If you could form a structure for online training through this website, in my opinion it would be the most progressive move in Scottish chess for years.

As a nation- We are not going to just sit near the bottom of the pile. We have too many good people and great ideas to accept that.

The events calender- I wish this could be sorted out sooner. The amount of planning that goes in to an organised national overseas event is unbelievable.

The grading threshold- A very tough one! I can see and appreciate all arguments. I would rather not be drawn on this now as there is a rather comfy fence not far away.

Funding for online chess- The parents of the students pay the coach directly for online coaching training without cost to CS. ChessScotland pick up the tab as always for PVG clearance.

Hope this is helpful,

Robin.

Messages In This Thread