Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Events
Jim Webster Wrote:Before we start offering solutions there is a greater need to understand what is required/wanted. There is simply no point appointing a "national trainer" with an unspecified remit to compile, develop, implement and supervise a "blanket" training course.

I agree to a point. First of all we need to identify that there is a need and if there is a need we need to identify it and plan how to address it
Please answer me this, am I right that Chess Scotland paid for a FIDE registered trainer and put him on a course? I am sure that we will need such a trainer ( and more of them) to organise training events, at least for our internationalists. I am also convinced that our home tournaments (e.g the Scottish) will have to be stronger in order to give our internationalists the experience to compete at a higher level. Possibly giving those players that type of exposure (even if they are working and playing each other) Such organisation would have to be coordinated, possibly by the Scottish captain and/or by our strongest player(s)

There is no doubt in my mind that the problem exists and it has to be addressed. I also think relying on potential IM's having to go abroad for Norms is no use and the way forward is to coach the internationalists to the next level. If we have coaching sessions conducted by English GTM's at say £40 per head, then that is a good start. I must say we should have someone organising this at national level

Messages In This Thread