Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EYCC 2016
In round 4 we got another two wins and two draws. Unfortunately Declan and Ioannis were paired against each other, and although one side will always be disappointed in the event of a decisive result, I am happy that they didn't go for a short draw and instead played the game out. It will be beneficial to both of them in the long run. Murad managed to get back to 50% with a comfortable win. Carolina played a good game and had a great position but let it slip with just one inaccurate move, before taking a draw in a complicated position short on time. I am impressed that she is taking the time to think carefully about her moves, she is only 6 years old! Tariq played a wild game in which the evaluation swung from side to side multiple times. With both players in time trouble, his opponent offered a draw just when it looked like he was crashing through. Tariq was grateful to accept the offer, even though in the incredibly fun post match analysis with about half the squad, we worked out that Black had one saving resource, after which White in turn would have to find his own saving resource, and it all ends in a draw anyway!

I'm writing this just as the players have started their round 5 games. FM Andy Burnett has come to visit the tournament and support our players, which is very much appreciated. They have been promised a break from the slightly repetitive food at the hotel, and we are all going out for pizza tonight. I think we have a good chance to score lots of points today going into the rest day tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread