Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largs Viking Chess Congress
Concur with Alan J. There was discussion on here 2 years ago when I queried CM/NM titles having played loads of them at turn based chess on Chess.Com
see the thread at <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1141&p=12431&hilit=cm+2200#p12431">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1141&p=12431&hilit=cm+2200#p12431</a><!-- l -->

There seems to be a view with some that it is selling out or not dignified to claim a CM title. I say nonsense and we should get past this in Scotland. I have respect for a CM in the same way I respect a FM/IM/GM. You have reached a certain level and earned that title. While the CM is attainable to many of us mortal chess players, you clearly can't achieve it over night and without lots of hard work, study, games etc. They are hardly being given away like confetti.

CM is surely a good goal/stepping stone/milestone to FM and beyond. Would be good for our game if we had more CM players. It may not be the most welcome praise, but none the less I sincerely congratulate Adam on his recent CM title. 3 Recently new titled players in Scotland in the last year is fantastic.

Messages In This Thread