Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTHIANS ALLEGRO
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:re Lothians Weekend Congress, Graham Kerr who is on the Lothian & Edinburgh Chess Council commented on this recently on the 'Domestic Tournaments Survey' thread <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1569&start=100">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1569&start=100</a><!-- l -->

In summary he said... Attendance this year was down 20% on last year, and according to TD David Stewart, the “lowest ever attendance”. I’m not sure it’s quite the lowest ever, but certainly for as long as I can remember. The Chess Edinburgh Council are also looking at ways to stem the tide, we can absorb a loss-making event every now and then, but longer term the event needs to at least break even. It will be back on in 2017, and at a new venue.

I missed that. Thanks David. Guess the trophy doesn't get melted down just yet.

I got a suggestion, though, put up the entry fee. We got people spending 4 figure sums ot play chess abroad for goodness sake. £30-40 for a weekend's entertainment is nothing. Although admittedly maybe a tad high for a weekend in Wester Hailes. B-)

Messages In This Thread