Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of A 5 Year plan
Hi Andrew,

Fully agree with you. Averaging the top 10 grades would have similar or enhanced validity to looking at grade number 10. Either method could have been used. Pragmatically it was quicker in 2006 to extract a single number per age group.

The choice of 10th was not arbitrary. In theory bottom board at the Liverpool Quadrangular U12 and U14 teams approximates to two of those 10th places. In practice grade is not everything and confusingly Liverpool Quad uses Sept 1st for age cut off.

Presumably the grading system has archived data to allow comparisons 5 years apart - but this might have to be July 2006 vs July 2011. Dougie if you're reading could you send me excel file(s) to allow me to extract that data.

My intuition is that 5 Year grade increases would look more impressive due to the difference between 10th place and the top 2 or 3 places increasing over recent years.

POST SCRIPT,
Angus,

Just read your post.
5 mins to end of my lunch break so brief reply only
Would the grading page take you straight to that number? It will certainly show you a graph of Ian's grade changes over the last few years.

Messages In This Thread