Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Scotland Constitution
Congrats on an awful lot of hard work in bringing all of this together.

On a quick read, it looks pretty comprehensive. But 'COUNCIL' (always capitalised and clearly very important) still remains poorly defined and its actual place in the constitution remains a foggy mystery to me. It suddenly appears very early on, as if out of the blue, at para 4 (I think), which is where (at least) some kind of clarification about its role in the organisation cries out to be added.

If 'COUNCIL' is actually the primary 'authority' in CS, embodying CS's power of first and last resort, which it seems that it might be, why not say that? If COUNCIL somehow 'delegates' power to run the show in trust to the President and Management Board, the constitution should surely make this clear up front so that members and perhaps more particularly voluntary officers know what they sign up to working with.

Towards the end the constitution seems to make out that COUNCIL works 'in tandem' with President + Management Board but, if push comes to shove, who's boss? I think it is probably COUNCIL. But does the draft actually say that? Or if it's not, does it make that clear? What is it?

Messages In This Thread