Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
very interesting sentiments Gary and I agree with what you say and you and I have had several conversations about what can be done. The choice between Perth and Grangemouth will be down to cost and possible sponsorship.

I also agree with the comments about reinvigorating the game here and many individuals are both inside and out of CS are doing their thing up and down the country As home director my focus must be primarily for CS and its events and initiatives...

As I've said before and I'll say it again money and marketing are the basic pillars we have to get right here and CS are endeavouring to work in these areas. The current success enjoyed by GB in the Rio Olympics can be tracked backed massive lottery funding many years ago. We only need a miniscule percentage of that pipeline to get us up and running.

To paraphrase a leading marketer I spoke to recently , we have a story to tell (sell?) and that is a good starting point. It's not doom and gloom by any means, we just have to work a bit harder.

Online chess btw is on the up and very successful, even in tiny Scotland. We have markets to plunder and on OTB chess we need to persuade people to go to our local clubs and to our congresses, and if that means the carrot is a FIDE rating then so be it. Our junior players need a bit of incentive to get stronger without having to travel abroad. Dispite its reputation sometimes, chess can be a very sociable pastime; Csn't we sell that?

Messages In This Thread