Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
Hamish - absolutely, anything that encourages the titled players along has to be good. Non elite players get drawn in by the big guns too. Some just like to watch them do their thing, and others play in the Open for a chance to play them. Is good all round. This particular issue along with the Scottish game being doomed should be the priorities for CS.

Alan - With the FIDE Edinburgh, the organisers were saying it was down in entrants again by approx. 30-40 (I forget the exact number and it was posted on here I am sure). Being a rare and quality East event, one has to also consider that the prize money was very generous yet the event is still struggling, at least relative to other Scottish weekend events. It also cut costs by abolishing the Challengers event. With the recent news the Lothians (Westerhailes) Weekend event is now kapoot, it is surely just a question now of how many years the Edinburgh FIDE has left. I'd estimate about 5-10yrs life expectancy. Best we enjoy playing in it while it is still there.

Messages In This Thread