Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
Ian you say “I have no need or desire to substantiate it. Walter I suggest you reread pages 1 and 2 on this thread whixh mentions Jim Webster's and Alan Tate#s comment which should clarify opinions about the tournament.”

Not really following your line here...Alan Tate expressed support for rapidplay events, and Jim reiterated the ManComm decision to FIDE rate the Richardson and Spens. Neither pertain to my point about the unknown attitude of players to tournaments in general being FIDE rated.

You claimed to reflect the ‘vast majority’ when a ‘huge percentage’, in your words, had no opinion. So why would they care more about FIDE rapidplay ratings!? Why go to the bother of FIDE rating them if there is nothing to indicate demand?

Jim, why is it a bad thing to obtain feedback from non-CS members as well as members – they play in the tournaments as well. Surely any sample is better than a hazy recollection or blindly following percieved ‘trends’. Are views of Man Comm and officials more likely to be representative of members and players? Appreciate at least that you acknowledge the merit of obtaining representative views of members though. Cheers

Messages In This Thread