Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
Speaking as a 1700 rated open player, I could not care a jot from a personal point of view if weekenders were FIDE rated. I know of plenty players at this level and a bit below/above who feel the same. Looking at it from a non personal view and what I think is best for our game, then I feel it would be best to encourage TD's to get rid of FIDE rating weekenders. I really don't see what it is adding to our game. Players can enter the Scottish if they are desperately desiring a FIDE rating or FIDE experience (and also the Spens/Rich).

Considering Steve's well made points, is a real shame to hear that one of the most turned out top players at weekenders is avoiding a rare East of Scotland weekender because of the FIDE aspect. Would surely be better to have these players in a non FIDE rated event, and give juniors and aspiring top players more chance to play our existing top players.

If events are FIDE'd or not is surely not where the focus needs to be right now? Would it perhaps be best to put all efforts and resources into stopping the rot/decline. After all, the trend of disappearing entrants and loss of events supercedes all else. FIDE rating everything in site has proven to have no positive change on our main problem.

Messages In This Thread