Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
thank you all for your comments much appreciated and honest and also appreciate comments and suggestions both on the forum and to my email.

Based on all your comments and suggestions and also based on the fact that we are a democracy I have determined the following

1. The Richardson Cup is not in bad shape and the initiative to have it FIDE rated is a step forward well worth the complications entailed with FIDE rated (e.g. the requirement of all players having a FIN ID prior to grading)

2. The Spens Cup needs it numbers bolstered and I think a first step would be a general membership drive. Again being FIDE rated helps make this tournament as attractive as ever. We just need more numbers.

3. The Campbell Rosebowl looks after itself. It needs to be as flexible as it can be based on the flexible of the Spens Cup

4. There is a general consensus that incremental time controls and digital chess clocks in general should be used in future. I intend to recommend implementing this for the 2017-2018 season to give all clubs a year to familiarise themselves with the working of digital clocks, e.g. for penalties, time controls etc. It is patently obviously that most clubs will require training in using these clocks so I'm sure this will have to be addressed

5. I am sure I dont have to emphasise that these tournaments are club tournaments for CS member clubs and at the moment there is no desire to change that. What has to change though is the need to replace the current rules for eligibility with a registration form which would also address the FIDE registraion requirements

6. We are also planning a one day FIDE registered rapidplay tournament possibly reinventing the MacIsaac trophy to satisfy this.

I would encourage as much debate as possible in the forum. I will also ask for discussion on this at the AGM.

Messages In This Thread