Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
1. Does your club have digital clocks

Yes

2. Do you or your club members know how to set them up for tournaments, and apply adjustments for penalties if required

Yes. Increments might require some learning.

3. Would you prefer to use digital or analog clocks?

We don't have any analogue ones so definitely digital.

4. Would you like to see the introduction of incremental time controls within these tournaments

Not fussed, would help a time trouble addict like me but with my captain hat on I'm a bit uneasy about end times.

5.Would you like to see team tournaments played at a central venue?

Not by my definition of central (as I have made quite plain earlier so won't repeat myself).

Quite happy to help try and organise a venue in Dundee if people are happy with that (if I lived in Ayrshire like some of the current Spens teams I certainly wouldn't like that). Can certainly get a free venue that is big enough for 3 or 4 richardson matches, perhaps more (Alison's Bar & Function Suite). If it's big enough for 4 then we could decouple Richardson from other ones and have the Semi finals & Finals there. No idea how that would increase the appeal for anyone but this seems to be the big solution to our problems according to this forum.

6. Are you happy or unhappy at the existing format of the team tournaments?
Happy enough, finals day being in Grangemouth at 12 noon is a bit awkward for us but I understand why it is the way it is. (Would be much improved if it started at 2pm like it used to).

7. Do you have any comments on any aspect of these CS Tournaments , if so please list them below and either post them here or send them to me by email

Messages In This Thread